Spring cleaning might be seen as a chore, but with a couple helpful tips it can become a fun and satisfying activity. Look at spring cleaning as an opportunity to de-clutter your space and make your home even more comfortable - especially if you’re in a wonderful new Platinum Builder home!
- Go through your closet and donate anything you haven’t worn for a year. It’s easy to hold on to clothes for far too long when they are in the back of your closet and you can avoid thinking about them. If you haven’t worn something in the past year, chances are, you won’t be wearing it in the next year. This will free up your closet and allow you to finally organize your closet the way you’ve always wanted to. Donation centers are also always grateful for your generosity.
- Pick up all your decorations and dust them, as well as the surfaces they were on. The accumulation of dust can have negative effects on your health. Dusting regularly helps this, but there are many areas which get neglected due to clutter or being hard to reach places. Make sure you give these areas attention during your spring cleaning!
- Reorganize your kitchen cabinets. This tip is especially important if you have recently moved and haven’t gotten to organize your kitchen just how you want it. It’s all too easy to just throw in your kitchen gear but reorganizing it to make sense and work for you will save you lots of frustration and time in the long run.
- Deep clean your carpets and furniture. This is one of the most satisfying things you can do. You will see an instant difference, and though time consuming, deep cleaning will bring you new levels of satisfaction. Even if you’ve recently moved and your carpets are clean, deep cleaning your furniture will make you feel like you have upgraded all of it.
- Clean all of your filters. Important filters to clean are air filters, washer and dryer filters, dishwasher filters, vent hood filters, and pool filters. This will keep your appliances working better for longer and will improve the air quality in your home. It’s easily forgotten, but this makes a big difference.
- Add some scent. Whether you like to diffuse essential oils or add fragrances that remind you of spring flowers in bloom, either will add an extra level of cleanliness and delight to your home.
We hope these tips help you feel even more comfortable at home. Spring cleaning is one of our favorite ways to keep our homes feeling revitalized, fresh, and comfortable. We’re always here for you with tips and tricks to make your home feel more like home!